New ETN from 21Shares on Xetra with first access to the combined investment of gold and bitcoin

Since Tuesday, a hybrid product of gold and bitcoin issued by 21Shares in cooperation with the asset management company ByteTree is tradable on Xetra and via Börse Frankfurt.

For the first time, the 21Shares Bytetree BOLD ETP offers investors the opportunity to invest simultaneously in the performance of gold and bitcoin. The focus is currently on gold with 85 per cent; the remaining 15 per cent is covered by bitcoin. The composition of the hybrid product consisting of the precious metal gold and the cryptocurrency bitcoin is adjusted every month depending on the relative volatility of the two asset classes. If one of the two assets is less volatile than the other, investors receive greater exposure to that asset.

The product is physically collateralised by the cryptocurrency Bitcoin and gold and is centrally cleared via Eurex Clearing.

NameAsset classISINManagement feeIndex
21Shares Bytetree BOLD ETPETNCH11468823081.49 ProzentVinter Bytetree BOLD1 Inverse Volatility Index

The product offering in Deutsche Börse’s ETF & ETP segment currently comprises a total of 1,864 ETFs, 172 ETCs and 163 ETNs. With this selection and an average monthly trading volume of around €19 billion, Xetra is the leading trading venue for ETFs and ETPs in Europe.

Further information

ETFs on

Published on May 24, 2022

Share this Article